Tara is passionate accessibility advocate, having served as the IGDA Game Accessibility chairperson, during which time she co-authored a White House policy briefing and established accessibility guidelines with Film Victoria. She currently remains on the steering committee.
She is currently the Xbox Gaming and Disability Community Lead as part of the Gaming for Everyone program, and Co-Director of #GAConf, the world’s first conference dedicated to game accessibility.
Highlights of her accessibility work include:
- Co-Director/Speaker #GaConf
- Develop Conference – 2018, 2019
- PlayStation Experience (PSX) 2016
- Microsoft Ability Summit 2016
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
- Games for Health – 2011, 2012
- IGDA Rhode Island and Orlando
- Full Sail, DeVry, and IADT – Detroit
- Covered by Polygon, The Guardian, Gamespot, Sydney Morning Herald, the IGDA News letter
- And more
Tara Voelker is also AAA industry vet, having shipped titles such as Red Faction: Guerrilla, Bioshock Infinite, and The Order 1886. During her time at Turtle Rock Studios as a producer for Evolve Stage 2, she championed the release of accessibility features such as colorblind mode and remappable controls.
Tara is currently available for educational engagements and consultations with flexible pricing.